Sunday, November 27, 2005

I'm home again.

Some of you know that since shortly after my last post I was admitted to the hospital where I stayed until just last Sunday. This week I have made a trip back to the doctor's clinic every day since I was discharged...I don't know what this next chapter of my life will bring, but I do know that staying for 5 weeks in the hospital that there are MANY things in life that we take for granted on a daily basis. I was admitted on Monday and Friday morning through tears and much frustration I was given my first shower since I had been there. I felt horrible. Being able to jump into the shower whenever you want without needing a doctor to write orders for it is something that no one realizes how wonderful it is without having lived without that freedom. While I was in the hospital one of the highlights of that time was being allowed outside. I wasn't allowed to walk myself or even ride in a wheelchair. Flat on my back on a gurney, I was rolled out onto a small courtyard where I could see and experience something that most people never appreciate. I appreciate so much now that I never realized how wonderful the blessings were until they were taken away from me.

I have so much to say...so many things have happened,

my life as I knew it is over, a new chapter begins.

his name is Jacob, and I love him more than I thought was humanly possible.

2 comments:

lexerdax said...

I'm glad you're home. Love you. :)

*sara* said...

i'm glad you're home. Sorry we didn't get to talk again. Things have been crazy with all the trainings for this job and then the youthworker convention. Congrats on the kiddo-someday i hope to meet him. Let me know a good time (if there even is one) to call...

Swidget 1.0 3