We met Mo Willems today! Mo of Knuffle Bunny, the Pigeon *OH how we love the pigeon*, Edwina, Leonardo the terrible monster fame. Seriously one of our ABSOLUTE favorite children's book authors. He was awesome. We missed his presentation by about an hour but are gonna go and see him again tomorrow. Jacob's Pigeon books are all gonna be autographed. *swoon*
On a totally different note we also met Michael Buckley today. He was okay, but I hear his books are a LOT of fun. We bought the first one. Seriously not as exciting as meeting Mo...but fun nonetheless.
AND....Sunday we are gonna meet Jon Scieszka . AND...next Monday Simms Taback
Daniel Handler really ruined author meets for us because he was AMAZING. We saw him as Lemony Snicket and we all wore shirts that we had appliqued to say "The END is near". Jacob's we put on his rear. It was an amazing presentation and a great night. But seriously meeting Mo was right up there on the list.
David Shannon..while we love his stuff did disappoint. Okay enough from the book nerd...I'm gonna go read
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We love Knuffle Bunny!!! Ryan and I have it memorized and tell Katrina the "Trixie story" over and over again. Have you read Knuffle Bunny Too? Do you say "nuffle" or "ku-nuffle"?
I miss you! I think you should move to the East Coast. :)
Ohh. It's Ku-nuffle ALL the way ;)
We've read ALL Mo's books. We really like Elephant and Piggie right now.
Jacob *Loves* pigeon sooooo much. We read the Pigeon books often. We are going to see the Pigeon stage show next month and are excited to see the new book in April.
Post a Comment