I assumed they were chasing a bird...tonight I learned the rest of the story. It was bedtime. We were snuggled in Jacob and I as Adam went with Leah to pick our bedtime stories. All of a sudden, he shoots up in bed and grabs wildly at the corner of the mattress. He proudly looked at me and said "Look MAMA, Baby bird!!!" He held his *bird* for some time soothing and talking to it. "baby bird wants mama." He informed me as he took out his hand and placed the, invisible to me but very real to him, bird in my hand. We played with, comforted, rocked, read to, kissed and cuddled baby bird for some time. We finally placed him on the pillow next to Jacob and covered him with a blanket. My heart struggled to contain the joy I felt as I was allowed in this imaginary moment with my son. Looking forward to many many more!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment