Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dedicating Leah


Leah and Mama

Dedicating Leah


Pastor Paul and Leah

Lunch Time with Grandpa Lynn


Today was the dedication of my little Leah. It was perfect and priceless. I'll never forget the day I laid my 2 week old firstborn on the altar and let go giving him to God. I remember Pastor standing over me watching as I turned over my son to the one who created him. I recall tears in my eyes, explaining why my tiny little boy was lying on the altar. I remember vividly him telling me how the minute I let go, God was standing there handing him back to me asking me to love and raise *his* child. When Jacob was 2 months old, I made that commitment public as Pastor held Jacob and asked me to publicly proclaim my commitment to my son. Now as I publicly made the same commitment that I privately made weeks ago when Leah was just a few weeks old, I remember watching her lying on the altar and crying again. The tears were from realizing the responsibility *I* have for my children. To love them and to teach them. To raise them to know and to question, but to have them find the holiness in life found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

gunter fam said...

such a precious thing to let go of your babes and trust god with them.

(from gunter in your nov ddc)

Swidget 1.0 3