Monday, September 22, 2008

This book is called...

We just (as in within the last 6 hours) received 2 twin sized beds and a dresser for the “kids” room.  Who knows when they will actually want to sleep in these beds, but they sure will come in handy tonight when my nieces and sister arrive for the weekend visit they have planned.  The novelty of having new beds was too good to pass up so Jacob and Daddy climbed up on one and Leah and I were on the other.  Leah was nursing down for the night and Daddy was stalling Jacob from his desperate attempt to take over boob land from his baby sister.  He pulled out 2 of the only books we have here (since our moving truck has yet to arrive. Both of the books are by one of our all time favorite children’s book authors Mo Willems. As I lay there nursing with my back to the boys this is the dialogue I heard. Priceless!Dad

dy (age 35) “This book is called Let’s go Disco Dancing

Jacob (age 2) “Nooooooooo.”

Daddy (age 35) “This book is called Where did my Giraffe Go

Jacob (age 2) “Noooooooo”

Daddy (age 35) This book is called I Want to Go to the Movies With You

Jacob (age 2) “Nope” (shakes head vigorously)

Daddy (age 35) “Well, what is it called then?”

Jacob (age 2) “I Looooove  MY New Toy.” (emphasis his)


Daddy (age 35) “Gotcha, This book is called “I Love My New Toy” by Jon Sciezska”

Jacob (age 2) “Nooooo”

Daddy (age 35) “This book is called “I Love My New Toy” by Dr. Seuss”

Jacob (age 2) “Nooooo”

Daddy (age 35) “This book is called “I Love My New Toy” by Sandra Boynton”

Jacob (age 2) “NO Dadi. It’s by Mo WIllems, see right there it says Mo Willems” (points to authors name on book.)

Daddy (age 35) Oooh This book is called I Love My New Toy by Mo Willems

 
Wonderful story is read, played and loved.

 

I love my boys!


2 comments:

Amanda Pittman said...

Yay for a new post!! Sorry it took me so long to find it :)

Moving truck? Are we expecting one? Is this something I have not heard yet?

That conversation is adorable by the way! What a smart little boy you have there!!

simplymama said...

It's an old post I forgot to change the date to the date I wrote it. I wrote a few stories this summer but in Word not on my actual blog so now I'm trying to get them over...

Swidget 1.0 3