Saturday, May 30, 2009

turned my head for a sec and baby was....

This was a prompt given to me recently. The idea was to fill in the blank with "what hair-raising, gross, or just funny things has your baby gotten into in the past day or so?"

I couldn't get my first answer out of my head. I tried and tried to come up with a funny thing that Leah had gotten herself into. I just kept coming back to that first thought.

I turned my head for a sec and my baby was ... a little girl!

The more I think about it, the more I realize how true it is.

She is such a big girl. She is walking and talking and eating with utensils. She swings on the big kids swings and rides her trike around the yard (with a little help from brother). She brushes her hair and her teeth. She is blooming and blossoming into this amazing little girl and everyday I see her do new and exciting things. I keep remembering holding my little 8 lb baby girl next to my skin, and I realized that if I turn my head again, she'll be grown up.

I'm treasuring the now...no matter how hard it is!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3