Monday, May 04, 2009

Mini-me becomes Mini-he

Since the day he was born people feel the need to point out the uncanny resemblance that Jacob and I share. It is amazing how someone can look so much like me. I see me in him almost everyday. Tonight we got to glimpse the uncanny resemblance Jacob shares with Adam. It's not as prevalent as looking like his Mama, but he sounds like his Dadi...

We sat down for a family dinner. It was a night like many others, there was nothing out of the ordinary. One of the other boarders at our home came through the kitchen and we invited him to join us for dinner. He agreed and sat down and began making a plate of food for himself.

Jacob looks up and says to him "So, Ian, what book are you reading?" Adam and I could hardly contain our joy and amazement as we looked at each other. The thing that was so endearing in that moment is that the question he asked of our friend, is the question that Adam uses to begin nearly every conversation. It was so wonderful to see parts of Dadi come out in Jacob's words. It was heartwarming to know that we are passing on to our children the love of books and reading that was one of the things that drew Adam and I together.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3