Your birth, one year ago, was quite an amazing day for our family. I remember knowing that you were going to be coming that day, and all the things we did to get ready to welcome you into our family. You were a gift, one that I treasure daily, but you also gave me the gift of watching a love blossom between a brother and a sister. Your story cannot be told if we leave out the love of your brother. The joy and excitement he had when he saw you for the first time, when he reached out his arms for you and exclaimed "MY baby! My hold it!!" was unparalleled. The two of you fell in love even before you saw each other. You were only hours old when he first held you and sang to you (He sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" complete with motions!). Today, your first birthday ever, you and Jacob fell asleep in each others arms cuddling. That is a love you will have for the rest of your life. A friend for always.
I am so blessed to be your mama! I have watched you grow and stretch this last year. Taking your first steps, finding your voice, climbing to new heights, reaching for new and exciting things. I love hearing you call out to me "Mama!" I love watching you look around you and find more and more things to explore and learn. You are such an amazing little girl, and I am so blessed that you are mine!
You are my baby girl, and I love you dearly. Happy Birthday Leah! We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment