I woke up today listening to two of the most amazing little people just fill my heart with love. It doesn't get much better than that on Valentine's Day.
Jacob awoke and coughed. "Mama, is it church day?!" "Yes, but we're not going to go today, We aren't feeling very good." :pause: "But my friends, they will miss me, I really want to go! Oh! I have an idea!! We could call them and tell them I am not going to be there so that they know and aren't sad when I'm not there!" "Okay! and Jacob, Happy Valentine's Day!"
Fast forward to where he finds a new book and a handful of chocolates left for him for Valentine's Day. He reads the card, and says "It's from Mama and Dadi, You guys must really love me!" You nailed it kiddo. We really really love you.
As all of this was happening Leah also woke up. "Good Morning Little Girl, Happy Valentine's Day! There are presents for you! (Jacob was already racing toward them, so I wanted her to get there too!) Eyes wide with awe "Presents for Weela?!" "Yes!" "Presents for Bubba?!" "Yes!" "Presents for Mama?!" "You are my present Leah!" "I present! I kiss!"
My kids have it. I love them and they are the best Valentine's ever! (No offense DH, you're swell too!)
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment