Tuesday, July 06, 2010

a forever investment

I watched my daughter fall asleep tonight and just before her eyes closed I caught a glimpse of the young woman she is becoming and I loved her deeply. I'm amazed when I catch those glimpses, when in the eyes of my two year old I see her 20 year old self and I realize that the choices I am making right now are making a difference, and no matter how hard it is, it's worth it.

I spent 3 1/2 hours today nursing my babies to sleep (and back to sleep, and to sleep once again) for their naps. And I didn't get any laundry done, or dishes, or even work on the massive pile of work taunting me, but my time was wisely spent and the investment I am making is in the lives and futures of my children. We may not be rich in money, but we have something worth so much more than money. Money can't buy the bonds that are being built and the love and joy being instilled in my children.

this time is so short in the grand scheme of things. I've chosen to be a mother who practices child-led weaning and I'm on an amazing journey where my children lead me, even if right now I'm tired, and touched a lot.

it's worth it.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3