I'm sure that the title doesn't surprise you. Don't most sinks have two knobs? On most sinks there is the knob marked "C" which allows cold water to come out of the sink and the other marked "H" brings forth the hot water. There are sometimes even the colors red and blue there to allow remind you that red is HOT and blue is COLD. We have come to expect these things to work this way from our own experiences.
This last weekend. I had a new experience that will leave me questioning the "H" and "C" meanings for some time.
I spent the weekend in Palm Desert. Let's just say for starters that spending a weekend in Palm Desert in July is probably not the brightest choice in all the world to make. It was HOT; really hot most of the time we were there. So, the water faucets...let's just make one thing clear...this was ALL water faucets that I tried this weekend, not just one faulty faucet.
There were indeed two temperatures of water that came out depending on which faucet you chose. The one marked "C" had hot water, and the one marked "H" was scalding. There was no such thing as cold water. There was no such thing as a cold shower. There was no such thing as a refreshing dip in the pool. *the temperature of the pool water for those of you who haven't experienced Palm Desert pool water in July was similar to that of a normal jacuzzi* The only water temperature choice no matter where you went was hot. Even the water that looked inviting spraying out of the sprinklers was hot. The rain *20 minutes of rain the whole weekend and we had to be out in it* was even warm.
Overall though, the weekend was amazing. In spite of the heat, and some seriously intense pain that I can't explain, it was a great time of relaxing, spending time with friends, and conversing with God. I tried talking myself out of going, and I'm glad I didn't. However, I will remember that Palm Desert in July is only worthwhile if you want to stay indoors for the majority of the time.
God is an amazing God. He sent rain in the desert and the most amazing lightning storms as well. He provided for a refreshing weekend away from the trials and such of everyday life. I am home refreshed and ready to tackle some of the harder aspects of my life that have been on hold for some time. Praise God for giving me a time to relax so that I can work hard and accomplish much.
Monday, July 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I /am/ still being called 1st right??
*grins big and evilly*
Post a Comment