Monday, March 06, 2006

A nightmare

First off, before I even begin my story I want everyone to know, everyone is OK.

So here's my nightmare. Yesterday afternoon, I was on my way to Shelley's house to pick up some things. Adam was driving me there and Jacob was in the back seat because we had some errands we were going to get done all together. I couldn't remember exactly what street to turn on so we were driving a little slow. I remember telling Adam it must be the next turn and then the only thought that I had for the next I don't know how long was...my baby...i need my baby.

Here is what happened while my brain was not functioning. As we were slowing down to turn, a corvette going much faster than the speed limit came crashing into the back right corner of my car. My car, out of control, spun out and we smashed through the yard of a home, parking between a tree and the corner of the house. When we all got out of the car...which was not easy being that the back doors of my cars *where Jacob was* were stuck from the impact. By the time Jacob was in my arms, I began to realize my surroundings and what it was that just happened. Several people were standing around looking at me and we all realized that the car that had hit us was nowhere to be found.

As we stood there waiting for the police and other emergency vehicles to arrive, we watched as a man stumbled up the street and fell down in the middle of the road. I didn't notice him until a spectator looked oddly at the road saying "What is that man doing in the middle of the road?" He stumbled up to us and looked at me and said "Do you know what happened here?" After several questions we did get from the man that he was the one who hit us.

Another couple came up and said that they had witnessed the accident and followed the corvette. The man and a guy on a motorcycle pursued him until he stopped a couple of blocks away. He then parked his car there and walked back to us.

It was amazing how God's hand was on us all though the day. The lady's house we nearly hit is a member of my church. The couple from across the street and the couple who chased down the man also go to Northpointe. They took such good care of all of us.

Jacob was all checked out and the doctor said he looks great. I'm still hurting, unfortunately it could take up to 2 weeks for my muscles and body to realize we are all ok.

I am sure my car is totalled. It is time to go car shopping. I was in the market for a new car anyway...I guess it was time to get one :)

The man who hit us was arrested for DUI and hit-and-run. I pray for him and his family. As much as I have been through in the last day I can only imagine what life has been like for him.

I'm praising God today for my baby...safe in my arms and a home to rest in.

3 comments:

Keyframegirl said...

I'm so glad you are all ok!! What an emotionally and physically difficult thing to experience!!

*sara* said...

glad to hear no one was hurt. thats crazy that someone could hit you hard enough to total your car and then try and drive away. Yikes. Hope your body feels better soon!

lexerdax said...

Oh, my word! I cannot imagine what you must have felt and be feeling now. It seems so surreal ... reading about it, I thought was a true nightmare - a dream. I am so glad you all are well!

Swidget 1.0 3