This has been mulling around inside me for a while now and I just don't have time to write anymore. I keep trying to but I have other aspects of my life that are much more important than keeping up on my writing no matter how much I enjoy it. :)
Someone asked me this week who it is who listens to me right now. This may sound like a silly question, but there was a time in my life when I couldn't keep my mouth shut about anything. I've learned my lesson. I thought about it for a little bit and then I realized what the answer was and I responded "you see I have this best friend who I tell everything to." I could almost hear the nod coming though the phone. I remember when you were that person too. My answer was Jesus. I heard the chuckle, and I realized that he knew I was serious. I trusted in my earthly friends far too often and I've been betrayed over and over again. I really need to remember that I have a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
I thought long and hard about that and I am glad that I do have someone who I can tell everything to. I know he won't call up anyone and say..."Hey do you know what Alicia is thinking about doing?" or "Oh did you hear what a mess she's gotten herself into?" or even
"Have you heard....?" Blah it's just too much trusting in people who can't be trusted. It will take a bit of work before I trust in people again.
I talk about God...I talk about him a lot. Sometimes I don't walk my talk, but I'm human and there isn't a soul on Earth who hasn't made mistakes. I made mistakes, I have regrets...but the amazing thing is I'm forgiven. It's an amazing thing. I don't have to look at the consequences of my mistakes everyday and remember how far I fell when Satan attacked me from all sides. I don't have to look back at how my faith faltered when I struggled though the most trying time of my life. What I can see now is my future and my best friend holding my hand, leading and guiding me. It's because I'm forgiven...that I talk about God. He gives me the smile on my face. He gives me the peace, and comfort. He allows me to be me and loves me through the good times and bad...I have to tell others about him. He asks me to.
The only problem I have is the judgement that is reigning down on me where I learn who I shouldn't have trusted. I struggled through the darkest valley in my life for the last 2 years and my closest friends who stood by me, were hurt by me and my faltering faith, who profess a faith in God, and who I loved dearly, ...turned their backs on me, betrayed me and my trust and chose to 'chop' me from their lives.
Am I a bad Christian? I'd say a Christian who faltered...but thank God He picked me up again and held me close...and carried me through the dark valley. You call me a bad Christian...ouch. But truly, who are you to judge?
God is a God of Peace...He promises to give us peace.
Psalm 85:8 I will listen to what God the LORD will say;
he promises peace to his people, his saints—
but let them not return to folly.
We are called to peace...
God is a God of Creativity...He created us and his creativity lives all around.
Deuteronomy 4:31-33 For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.
Ask now about the former days, long before your time, from the day God created man on the earth; ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Has anything so great as this ever happened, or has anything like it ever been heard of?
Has any other people heard the voice of God speaking out of fire, as you have, and lived?
We can follow in these amazing footsteps of his and live a life of creativity and passion
God is a God of Judgement...
Matthew 7:1-3 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
God is a God of Forgiveness...
Matthew 26:28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Praise God I'm one of the many :) Praise him for unconditional love, acceptance and forgiveness.
In all honesty, I'm glad that I've been chopped. For the age old saying "with friends like these..."we all know how that ends :) I guess the point is this...
don't judge me.
especially when you don't know the whole story.
it's not your place.
It's God's....and He has forgiven me.
This may be the happiest you've ever seen him...but I know that he's not the happiest he's ever been :)
You don't know everything.
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love you ... and miss you! Are you coming to the East Coast any time soon?
man, i never check this anymore. we're going to be in cincinnati over jacobs birthday, but would love to see you if you'll be around for a few days. we havent talked in awhile..i'll try and call before school gets crazy.
Post a Comment