Two years ago today, I woke up and I knew I was going to meet you. Your birth was empowering and amazing and the moment I first heard you cry was musical. You have grown and stretched so much in the last two years. Forming and becoming a little girl. You are delightful and loving. I am so blessed to be your mama. You amaze me every day in so many ways. One of the ways you amaze me the most is your capacity to love and the way joy daily overflows from you.
Tonight, you and me and Dadi went out, while your brother stayed with Grandpa. You were in your carseat and as we pulled away from Grandpa's house. You cried out "I need...I need my bubba! I need him." You chattered on about how he was upstairs with Grandpa, all the while looking at his empty carseat and feeling the need for him to fill the space in our car, and your heart. "I love bubba!, Go back. I need him." Here you were on a special trip out where you didn't have to have attention divided between two and your ebullient sibling, and all you could think and talk about was him. How much you love him, miss him and need him. You are so blessed to have such a great brother, but even more so to have such a love. The two of you have something so very special and I am so glad you have him as your confidant, best friend and brother! I won't forget the day he walked into the room and he saw you for the first time. He stretched out his arms, ran to you and said "My baby! My hold it!" and hold you he did, in his arms, in his heart, in his life. He hasn't stopped holding you close. He loved singing to you (and he still does) and making you giggle and laugh.
You have come so far in this last year. There is a little girl emerging from the baby who we first met and every day I am even more amazed and blessed to be your mama.
Happy Birthday Leah. I love you dearly and I am excited to see what this next year of you holds! You are truly my delightful daughter and I know of two little boys who are so blessed to have you as their sister. I love you baby girl!
~ Mama
Monday, March 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment