Thursday, September 30, 2004

Blessings and Godsends

I truly believe that God puts people in our lives during difficult times to bless us. I have two wonderful women who God has allowed me to grow close to who live out here. It is an amazing thing. The first woman is my BTSA support provider and soon to be landlady. She has been there for me in ways no one else has. Just days after I finally spoke the words that ended my marriage, she took me out to the Improv so that I could relax and be out of the house. She refused to hear no for an answer. It was a great night of chatting and enjoying the company of other educators, and of course lots of laughing. Then just days after my current roommate put in her two weeks notice, I received the blessing of all emails from her saying that her condo she rents was available and would I be interested in it? I had spent several hours previous to reading my email that night praying that God would provide somewhere for me to live. Her email was sent at 6 pm and I had started praying at 9pm that night. God had already answered my prayers before I had even asked. What an awesome GOD!! Today she is coming to my classroom after school (on her own time) to help me with room environment (word walls, bulletin boards, student work...etc). What an awesome blessing. The other woman God has brought to me is my team teacher. I am the math and science part of the team and she is the language arts and social studies part. God knew that we needed to be together way before either of us ever did. We knew before school was out last year that we would be paired up this school year. Over summer school she became an amazing rock when that life-altering day came. She was the one that went home with me to make sure he really was gone. She was the one who took me to her house when we found out it was probably not safe for me to stay. She called her daughter who brought a grief-stricken me ice cream to cheer me up. She asked me that night what I would like for dinner and I responded "I would like to not have to decide." She then proceeded to make a wonderful meal, just for us. It was a great night. Then, she sat by my side the day he came and ripped our house apart. She calmed me when my temper began to flare at the things that he was calling his. I knew that in the long run the things could be replaced, and I needed to let them go. She sat by me that night for several hours as he, his mom and brother all had each other as they loaded up his 'part' of our life and drove off. It was a horribly emotional night for me. As soon as the last box was packed and my life truly felt torn in two, as he took the dressers and left the bed, took the stereo equipment and the DVD player but left the VCR...(we don't even have any VHS tapes anymore), she then looked at me and said "Now it is time for margaritas. I had my first margarita that night. The first of many firsts that I have started since this new life of mine began. Now through the school year, she continues to be a blessing to me everyday as she guides me and helps me through thoughts and ideas I never would come up with on my own. God sure knew what he was doing when he decided to team us up. Oh and the best part is even as she has helped me in amazing ways, I have been able to bless her back. She said to me that night I stayed with her, with tears in her eyes in response to me telling her that she truly was a Godsend, "I have always dreamed of being a Godsend!"

Praise God for know what we need before we ask Him!

Lord, You know my heart and you know my desires. Thank you for meeting every need in my life and for giving me immeasureable blessings on top of that! Thank you God! Thank you for being you!!

1 comment:

simplymama said...

The amazing thing about going through alot is that you get to enjoy the sunshine so much more!!

Swidget 1.0 3