Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Let me introduce you...

So, I learned of a talent I have....I make friends. I have friends...quite a few...but truly that isn't all that talented for me...I like to talk, to share, I like to be friendly and fun. The talent I speak of though...is losing them. I don't mean that I make friends and lose them and when I say I lose friends I don't mean what you think...Here it is...Let me introduce you to my friends...and I do. Often. Many friends attribute knowing each other to me having introduced them to each other....the problem isn't that I can introduce people to each other and they become friends...it's that the new friendship seems to outlast either one of the ones I had in the first place...and therefore instead of keeping new friends...the new friends become close...and I am once again left out and feeling alone...so if you are looking for a good friend...I can help you...but it will most likely cost you me...I guess it's something I should be used to by now....been happening to me since high school....heck 2 of the girls who I introduced then....claim to be bestest friends now, and don't even know the biggest things going on in my life...so yeah. Bah. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to hurt...but I will keep sharing my friends with you...and I probably will keep losing friends too. I do hope that the new friendships forged are worth the price that have been paid...at least then some good can come of it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too.
-JDA

Eunice said...

I used to have this same thing happen to me as well. I used to take it personally, but then I realized that maybe I was just the reason that brought those two together, and nothing more, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous said...

From what I've heard in your most recent situation you chose one man over another. Not that they found a better friend somewhere else. And I think that you have lost some more recent friends because of your self involvement. To have a friend you have to be a friend and it doesn't sound like you have been such. Your situations are what your focus is, not your "friends." Now about the past, it sounds like friends were immature and un-able to cope with distance, thus friends choose sides and you were left out. The past is past though, and you should move on and forget that.

simplymama said...

Anonymous said...
"From what I've heard in your most recent situation you chose one man over another. Not that they found a better friend somewhere else. And I think that you have lost some more recent friends because of your self involvement. To have a friend you have to be a friend and it doesn't sound like you have been such. Your situations are what your focus is, not your "friends." Now about the past, it sounds like friends were immature and un-able to cope with distance, thus friends choose sides and you were left out. The past is past though, and you should move on and forget that."


You obviously have no clue.


Xeroda said...
I'm not sure what happened to prompt this post, but I'm still your friend.

Yeah yeah...I know.

simplymama said...

ps...anon...you should have just signed in...

*sara* said...

about your friends from high school. You said goodbye to us months ago. In that time, I have been praying for you, and reading your blog faithfully. At the time it may have been distance, but now rachel and i are sisters, so there had to be something greater at work anyway. I do miss you and we did have good times, but there is distance both physical and emotional. Scott still carries the wife picture with him all the time. I don't know whats going on, but you are in my prayers. and yeah. im just gonna go ahead and email you the rest.

Swidget 1.0 3