We co-sleep. I love it. It is the best bonding time for me and I love cuddling up with my family. Jacob normally wakes up between 4 and 6 and then nurses for two to three hours. This time in particular is very special to me because he does the most loving things during his sleep-waking.
This morning was no exception to that. He woke to nurse at 5:30 am and we cuddled in close together. I drifted in and out of sleep, alternating between lovingly watching him and resting myself. Adam got up to get ready for his day, leaving just the two of us in bed, so we stretched out a little and in stretching out, Jacob stuck his feet up on my 5 month pregnant belly. We were cuddled up like that with him nursing for quite some time when all of a sudden his little foot seemingly leaped off my belly. I felt it from both sides and giggled knowing what was going on. He groaned a little and in a determined manner, stuck his foot back up on my stomach. The kicks continued. Leah, the little stinker, is already pushing on her big brother!
A scene played out in my head. I was standing watching two older children picking and poking on each other. I heard myself calling out, "Jacob, stop touching your sister. Leah, you can't push your brother just because you think he's too close to you. Jacob, give your sister some space. Leah, we don't use our feet for kicking!" "YES!! There is enough mama for both of you!!!"
I love them both so much already!!

No comments:
Post a Comment