Monday, November 22, 2004

Depressed. Me?

I never really thought of myself as a person who could/would suffer from depression. I also never spent a holiday away from family. I mean for the last 6 Thanksgivings I spent with family. I loved (love) them. But suddenly they aren't my family any more. This is odd for me. So now I am feeling an utter sense of being alone. I know that my God who sticks closer than a brother is here. But I am struggling because I can only imagine what I would be doing if I were at the home I have known for the last 6 years. I don't want the pain and misery back, but I miss the love and companionship. Having a family who loved me and accepted me for who I was.

My heart aches today. I feel alone. I feel empty. Did my choices make this week just as hard on this family whom I love as my own just as hard for them as it is for me? Why does it hurt so bad?

Lord give me your peace back. I miss it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there for you. Time does heal wounds if you let the Lord move, and your reflections will eventually lead to answers and strength even if at first questions are all you see. B-town is only a few hours away... you are welcome anytime.

><> in "Hisgracefulmercy"

Swidget 1.0 3