So, I am at fault. I am a procrastinator. I put things off. The problem with procrastination, is that it builds and builds upon itself until you are suddenly stuck in a bog of quicksand. The ironic thing is that it is of my own doing. I am the only one to blame for the stress and the work load I currently carry. I have allowed myself to put things off until the point where I am nearly buried by the quicksand. I need someone to grab a vine and jump in after me pulling me out of this mess. (Princess Bride reference). I am going to be spending a lot of time at work, I am going to be scarce for a while. I have to get back up out of this mire of my own making and start actually loving my job again. I know that many of you want me to be around more, and I want that too...but I also know my limits. I have set standards for myself in my job and I am not meeting those standards. I am looking at the next few weeks and I think I will most likely be at work until 8 or 9 on a regular basis. I have bulletin boards up from September and it is November now. I have assignments I want to prepare for and I want to get ahead on my grading because I am falling behind. This is a priority in my life right now. (I am not saying that your friendship isn't a priority :) I will see you. I will be around. Just not so much.) So yeah. I am stuck in the quicksand of procrastination and I am working my way out of it.
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I miss you already, Alicia. Now you're going to be even scarcer? (that's a word)
If I had a vine, I'd jump in after you.
~Katherine
Post a Comment