I went to the first of 4 Christmas parties last night. It was fun. Strange though we gathered to celebrate the birth of our King, and it wasn't even mentioned. Sad.
"I Hate Christmas Parties"
[Performed by Matthew Thiessen & the Earthquakes]
I hope it snows this week,
A snow flake on your cheek
Would make this Christmas so Beautiful
But that would just bring the pain
Cause things can’t stay the same
These Holidays won’t be wonderful
I look under the tree
But there’s nothing to see
Cause it’s a broken heart that you’re giving me
I can’t figure it out
Is this what Christmas is all about
Cause it’s a broken heart that you’re giving me
I don’t wanna talk
I’m sick of all this talking
A broken heart wrapped up in a Box
This tear drops in my stocking
I hate Christmas parties,
They offer me some punch,
But I just shrug
I hate Christmas parties
You and the Christmas Tray hear me say bahumbug
Fa la la la la la…la la la la la la [x3]
If you have had the chance to talk to me recently you know I have been listening to a lot of Christmas music. I love Christmas music. I love the joy and the peace and the celebration of my King. Why is the world so bent on ruining this holiday for me? I love what Christmas is all about. I would like to love Christmas parties.
"I Celebrate The Day"
And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be
And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever
And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life
This is what Christmas parties and the celebration should be about. This is what Christmas means to me. I don't really want to go to the other 3 Christmas parties now, because there won't be the celebration I am seeking. If you can't find the celebration at the church party, there is a zero chance you will find it at a staff party.
*sigh*
*edit* la la fa is from the napkins...it prolly meant to be fa la la but it looked like la la fa and a friend said that. I liked it.

1 comment:
Yes, I agree with you. Christmas is about Jesus, and Christians especially should keep Him the centerpiece of our fellowship and celebrations.
Post a Comment