I don't play pool often, in fact I honestly can't remember the last time I did play. I enjoy hitting the balls around every once in a while. I have never played the game often, but it is fun to do once in a while. I remember the stink that went up when pool tables were added to the joys of the Red Room. Ahhh the days...it seems like the days of the Red Room *which hasn't been red in ages* were a lifetime ago.
Anyway, back to the topic...to finish up the game you have to put the 8 ball in a pocket of your choice. If you don't, however, have the luck *or skill* of getting the 8 ball in the correct pocket you lose the game. I really don't know what made me think of this, but I realized how glad I am that life is not like this game of pool. We may try to call the shots...but we very rarely get it right. We make goals and have dreams for our lives, but we don't always get the right ball in the right pocket. I feel like I called 8 ball corner pocket and it went spinning into the side pocket. It would seem that I lost this game...but oh...heavens no. I haven't lost anything. I just chose a different path, or God chose it for me rather. When we try to take our lives into our own hands, it won't take long until we feel like they are careening out of control. The twists and turns of my life this last year are nothing like I expected. There was joy. There was pain. But ultimately, I can smile today because God has His mighty hand around me and he is guiding me. Yeah, I called 8 ball corner pocket, and he gently guided that ball into the side pocket...err okay so it wasn't so gentle...but you know. This is where I am...and God loves me. The road I'm on isn't as clear cut as getting the ball in the right pocket, but I'm glad that I don't have to worry about tomorrow.
It's refreshing to know that the 'end' of the game doesn't necessarily mean a loss.
I win, even though my ball didn't come close to where it was headed....or where I expected it to go.
Friday, June 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i prefer ping-pong in the red room
Damn you think too much.
prolly.
Post a Comment