Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Are you ok?

I am tired of hearing this. The answer is clearly NO. Why are you asking? I swear, everytime I managed to hobble out of my classroom today some well wisher asked me this. I wonder what sense of doing anything that this questions brings to the one who asks it. Because honestly. I could say "I'm fine" "I'll be ok" "Just not feeling well" Truly though, you don't really want to know the truth in asking this. You just want your sense of doing something about the obvious fact that I look like death warmed over. OK...I get it. I don't look like I feel good. Well surprise! I don't feel good. My head is throbbing. My lips are chapped. My throat feels like I swallowed a box of razor blades. I'm alternately sweltering hot and freezing cold regardless of whether I am inside *air conditioned* or outside *still in the 80's* My nose is raw and I'm on my third box of kleenex in the last 24 hours. I can barely breathe. Just the idea of having to deal with anything in my kitchen right now zaps any ounce of energy I have. So really your "Are you ok?" or "How are you feeling?" are really pointless. Just so ya know. Ok...I'm sure I will be, but I sure as anything don't feel like it right now. As to how I am feeling....don't ask this question...no one really cares enough to listen to the real answer, and I need to save my energy and strength just to get through the next day. It's the last day of school...I can't really call in sick...

1 comment:

Keyframegirl said...

Are you miserable??? hehehe Is that better than are you ok??

I'm just playing.

*hugs*

I'm glad you are done normal school - now on to conquer Summer school eh??

Swidget 1.0 3