Saturday, June 11, 2005

Farewell Swarm.

If you have never in your life played a MMORPG you will not understand the feeling that lies behind the words that I am going to type. And even some of you who have played such a game still may not understand. One thing that stands out about the 'guild' I was a part of is that it didn't take long for true friendships to forge...we became a family. Moving on from family isn't easy to do when you find a sense of companionship and camaraderie there.

To my fellow Swarmers...
I know I haven't really played much the last 2 months to begin with, but this farewell is different. I always had the option to sign into the game and holler at you and say hi and check up on everyone. This time it's different. My subscription is ending and I am going to let it. You know my life has been following an intense rollercoaster ride. I am making life changing choices and decisions and one of those choices is to find other things to do with my time than sit here at my computer. I filled my days and evenings with other activities and really started loving my life. I miss you, my fellow guildmates, friends, but I don't miss the hours I lost sitting in front of the game trying to get ML's done or to get to that next level. I have been told by many people how 'bad' MMORPG's are ... but the people who say how bad they are really don't know what they are talking about. I'm not leaving because DAoC is bad. I'm going because my time, energy, and money deserve to go to other place. I have many friends from my 2 and a half years I spent playing. Many of you whom I know I will keep in touch with even though my time in Camelot has ended. I want to say farewell. I am not selling my accounts. No amount of money is worth the time and pieces of me that I have put into this game. I doubt incredibly though that I will ever find a time in my life now...with the changes that are taking place...where this game will find it's way back into something that will take my time or money. So for now, it is farewell. You are welcome to check back here and see what I have to vent or babble about as I do enjoy writing. Take care of the Swarm. It is the best guild in the game. I started the game a swarmer...I never even entertained the notion of leaving the guild...and now as I say goodbye I am still a part of the Swarm. The friendships and hours of talking and listening I will forever treasure...Goodbye my dear friends. Stay in touch.

/curtsey /salute
RG Kaspirant

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3