follow along on my journey...dance with me.
Monday, April 04, 2005
Change happens.
Since I started blogging on xanga I had the title A new beginning...something had to change. This was very fitting for a long time because I was dealing with a succession of new beginnings. But the time for new beginnings is passing and now it is just a journey. One I am not walking, but dancing my way through. I have joy. I have peace. I have a friend who is closer than a brother. I have 2 awesome sisters. I have friends... I have friends that I can count on day or night to be there for me if the need came up. So it's time for a new title, the beginning of this phase of my life has been chronicled, now for the rest of the journey.
follow along on my journey...dance with me.
follow along on my journey...dance with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're a teacher what do you think about the red ink debate?
http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/04/04/no.more.red.ap/index.html
This made me think of you. :)
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/DESTINATIONS/04/06/branson.holdouts.ap/index.html
The red ink debate? You mean there is an active debate about it. I guess I missed that. I've been teaching for 3 years now and I grade in green. Not because of some huge debate or because I think it's 'better' for the kids but that I just like it better. Honestly, it isn't going to matter what the color it is if you don't teach the kids what to do with the information on the papers. That aspect is missing. Kids get papers back and they immediately throw them away, or more constructively make paper airplanes out of them. I don't like red ink and what it stands for. But if someone were to tell me I wasn't allowed to grade in a certain color of ink. That would bother me.
I agree with this statement in that article. "I don't think changing to purple or green will make a huge difference if the teaching doesn't go along with it," Jones said. "If you're just looking at avoiding the color red, the students might not be as frightened, but they won't be better writers."
Post a Comment