Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Fear of the unknown

I am afraid. I have yet another doctor's appointment this afternoon and I don't even know what to think anymore. There is something wrong with me. That much I know. My body isn't working the way it is supposed to and that scares me. I ignored it for almost six months before I started going in for the appointments and tests. I know that in itself was not a good decision, but it's in the past and I can't do anything about it. But I started going in January and have been to many appointments and some tests and things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. The problem is no one can tell me anything more than what I already know...there is something wrong. The reason for the appointment today is that over the last week the symptoms which have been manageable up until now are getting out of control. I am finding myself too fatigued to make it through ordinary days and things that I have been doing. I have been experiencing pain, difficulty breathing and exhaustion that is causing a stress that is I am sure just making things worse.

I am not one who is used to sharing these kinds of things with others, I love helping people, but I hate asking for help. But I do need you help. Pray for me. I can't do this alone.

I believe in a God of miracles, and I know that he can work one in my life and my body.

I also realize that I will be able to get through this.

Lord...I just want to know what the sickness is that I am fighting against so that I can fight it. Give the doctors the knowledge and ability necessary to find this disease or cause of these symptoms so that I can be on the road to wellness again.

2 comments:

*sara* said...

hey-prayin. just wanted you to know.

Keyframegirl said...

*hugs* You are always in my prayers chicka. Don't forget you said you would call me!! :) I hope you are surviving your busy week too!!

Swidget 1.0 3