Sunday, April 17, 2005

windchimes.

Been struggling recently because of all the stuff in my life with relaxing. I struggle with finding my breath at times. I struggle how to find peace amidst a storm in my life. Today a friend helped me find a place where I could relax, close my eyes and the internal battle was gone, even if just for a brief moment.

I was given the following suggestion: Go out on my balcony...this is something I love and yet rarely do. I love the sunshine and the fresh air. Sit down. Arms out to the sides. Sit back in the chair. Close my eyes. Listen to the windchimes. Focus on the sound. Listen to just the sound of the chimes. The high tones, the low tones. Let the other sounds, the kids playing, cars driving by, wind blowing, disappear. Let the internal struggle sleep as I just listen to the sound of the chimes. I prayed as I sat there for a peace. A peace in this storm and I listened to the chimes.

Of course I opened my eyes again later after my mind and my body had found a place of peace, and I realized that the things that were bothering me weren't so heavy anymore. There are still struggles I face both emotionally and physically, but everytime I hear the chimes I say a prayer and my heart and my body feels the peace.

Praise God for reminders of him. Praise Him for friends who can remind us the value of a quiet moment.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3