I overheard a discussion about teachers and our sanity.
We have the next week off school. It is our spring break, we do get many holidays and days away from kids as well. We also get some time off in the summer. Many 9 to 5'ers don't think this is fair.
But to those of you who feel that way, I'd like to suggest you come do my job for a week.
You see, without this time for mental rest, every teacher in the world would go insane. There would be no one to teach our children. There are few jobs more stressful than being a teacher. There are few jobs more emotionally draining, and believe it or not, teaching is physically draining too. So the discussion was about us 'not' working so much. Ha! Those who really believe that our breaks from kids are us 'not working.' When do you think we write units, and lesson plans? Yeah we do that on our breaks, or evenings after we have taught all day.
I need a break. Celebrate spring with me!!
Friday, April 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're on!
Post a Comment