Thursday, March 31, 2005

1 am phone calls.

I am exhausted this morning. I don't really know what to do about it. Last night was a long night to begin with. I didn't get home from work until 9:30. I took a short break from working to go to church last night and absolutely adored working with the kids. I never saw myself as a Jr. High teacher, but I am beginning to realize I was made for the part. I am glad that God knows what he is doing with my life, because I don't think I could possibly be half as effective if I had done what I had intended in my life and been a preK-3 teacher. Don't get me wrong I still have a special place in my hearts for young children, but I am realizing that the love I have to give belongs to the kids who need it *the most*

So back to the exhaustion. I was on the phone last night from 9:30 till midnight. I talked to 2 very close friends. These conversations left me tired, and I was eager to rest when I hung up at midnight. In fact, I think I may have started dozing off a bit before I did hang up. *sorry for that* So at midnight I went to sleep and at 1 am ... the phone rang again.

Does no one realize that this is just not a good time to call people. That unless there is an emergency or something that waking someone up from much needed sleep, to *argue* is not a good idea? And then when the conversation turns argumentative, why are people surprised that you are tired, and don't want to continue. It's the middle of the fricking night! There are decent times to call people and to discuss important matters. This is not one of them. I should be happy I got the phone call. I'd been wanting to hear from this person for a few weeks now, but hearing from them in the middle of the night when I had already had a VERY long and exhausting day really just was the icing on the cake of my exhaustion today. I didn't sleep well last night. Now I have to face today and leave all this behind.

Lord, you know my heart. You know my decision and why I am making it. Please help me stand firm in you. Give me your strength when standing up for myself and my needs to those around me who are not interested in my needs or my desires. Keep me strong, and hold me in your hand. I am finding joy in my life. I am finding joy in you. I am finding joy and peace. PLEASE DON'T LET HIM TAKE THIS FROM ME.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3