Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Falling

Everyone knows the sensations that accompany falling in love. The joy, the smiles, the feelings of being on top of the world, feeling like nothing can take away your joy. It is an amazing feeling. You are falling, air rushing around you and you have no clue where you will end up. It's a little bit like swinging for me, there is a sensation that is indescribable. And to me I associate the feeling of falling in love with that joy I find in swings.

This morning, I woke up extra early and left while it was still dark. I walked two and a half miles. As I walked, I prayed and sang and took in the glory that is morning. Leaving my house, I looked up and praised God for the beauty of the night. The stars in their brilliance shone with his glory. As I continued to walk, I lifted up my friends, those close to me and those far away in prayer.

I turned the last corner and the sight that I saw was magnificent. Rising up above the mountains was the sun. It's brilliance was breaking through the darkness and sending out it's glistening warmth over the landscape around me. My breath left my body and I just stood their speechless. The sensations I felt were not unlike the ones we compare to falling in love and I realized, it was because I am. I am falling in love with my Creator over and over again everyday as I take in the majesty of his creation. I fall in love with Him again and again as he brings people and opportunities into my life that are exactly what I need. I am falling. I am falling in love with my God. Everyday for the rest of my life, I want to fall in love with him again.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3