I have been doing a lot of reading lately. I have finally stepped away from the 'amusement' of reading and starting picking out books that though are full of stories and ideas, these are mostly true stories, and true ideas. *I said mostly true ideas :D* I have focused my book choices on Christianity and what is at the core of it. You can see in my last couple of posts that John Eldredge is an author I have been reading quite a bit, and I would suggest to anyone to go check out his books. I picked up a new one yesterday, it's called Blue like Jazz.
Dad and I went out to dinner last night. It has been a true blessing having him here with me. We have had a wonderful visit. We went to On the Border for dinner, and the wait time was 45 minutes. Luckily, we had just been to the bookstore and so I ran to the car and picked up my new book. We sat on the bench for 30 minutes as I read out loud to Daddy. I don't know what anyone else around me thought and sometimes as I read the words I would chuckle thinking if someone heard me say just this thought...it would make them laugh, but the thoughts together, weave a masterpiece.
Let me share with you what Donald Miller thought of winter. "In Houston, where I grew up, the only change in weather came in late October when cold is sent down from Canada...The cold came down the interstate, tall and blue, and made reflections in the mirrored windows of large buildings, moving over the Gulf of Mexico as if to prove that sky holds moagnitude over water....In the winter it was easier for me to believe in God, and I suppose it had to do with new weather, with the color of leaves clinging to trees, with the smoke in the fireplaces of big houses in opulent neighborhoods where I would ride my bike."
Praise God for giving us winter too...in addition to spring and summer and fall.
Sunday, March 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment