Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Voice of Truth

I, umm, I woke up to this song this morning...

The Voice of Truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in
On to the crashing waves

*It takes a great faith to do something to make a difference. You have to believe in things you can't see. You have to be willing to accept defeat. You have to realize that you can't do it on your own. You have to be able to trust so completely that you let go fully of the control in your life. It is only then that we are able to walk on the water. Our faith has great power. Matthew 17:20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Is there a mountain in your way? Tell it to move. Believe it will.*

To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand

*This is the biggest and the greatest step you could ever take in your life. It is the one that will bring you into the hand of Jesus. Taking this step is not comfortable. What we will find is not known. Our lives, in our control are so out of control as they are. They give us a false sense of security. It is imperative to give up that security so that we can truly find Life. Matthew 16:24-25 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." We don't necessarily have to lose our lives in this world, we just have to 'give up the control.' He is calling out to you, all you have to do is accept his embrace. It WILL change your life.*

But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, You'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

*The devil's greatest desire is to keep us from making that first step. The first step changes us so dramatically that he has no hold over us anymore. He will continue trying but we will have been given a strength that is so great he cannot break us. He may tempt us, and in our weakness, we can stumble. 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” God knows this, he is ready. He is waiting to catch you. Do you trust Him? Will you let him catch you when you fall? *

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

*There is a voice in our heads that we continue to listen to that says "you can't do it" "You'll never make it" "You are worthless" "Just keep doing what you are doing" "Don't make a difference" "Don't follow your heart's desires" The world keeps telling us we can find it on our own, but our searches are futile following the way of the world. We cannot find what we are looking for on our own, so we fail. But we do not have to fear. We do not have to be afriad. There is one who whispers in your ear "You CAN do it" "You will make it" "You are worth far more than the greatest treasure known to man." "Follow your heart's desires" "Find me, I am what you are looking for" "I AM". "Do not be afraid" Too often we choose to hear the lies. We don't listen to the voice of truth, because it will take us out of our comfort zone. It will bring us into a world we don't know. One we can't control. The most frightening thing is to give up control. To give someone else the power over you to control you. He is up to the task though. He beckons, will you come? Matthe 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” He is willing and ready to help carry your burden. He wants to give you rest. This is the life we were made for!!*

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

*Do you see a strength in me? I face these 'giants' everyday. I stand up to those who judge me. I stand up for myself and for my needs. I can face the day with a smile even when it doesn't feel like it. It would seem I have great strength. That's just it though. It's not my strength. I have a never ending supply of strength that comes from my God.
Psalm 18:1-2
I love you, O LORD , my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn
of my salvation, my stronghold.
His strength carries me through the rough times. He is ready and waiting to give you the same strength. The strength to stand up. The strength to take that first step. Will you accept this gift of strength that he has to offer you?*

But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again, "Boy, You'll never win!"
"You'll never win!"

*The voices and the lies that call out to us, distract us and laugh at us are all work of the devil. He will show you over and over how many times you failed. He will tell you that when you are given that chance, the one to change your life, you will mess it up again. He doesn't want you to know the truth. He is a thief and his desire is to take away your joy. John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." We can have true life. We were meant for this!*

But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

*The choice is ours. Eldredge states this in a way that I cannot "God creates mankind for intimacy with himself, as his beloved. We see it right from the start, when he gives us the highest freedom of all--the freedom to reject him. The reason is obvious: love is only possible when it is freely chosen. True love is never constrained, our hearts cannot be taken by force." The choice is yours. Will you follow your hearts desire. Will you reach out for the love that can be yours? 1 John 4:10 "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." True love cannot be taken by force, but it is yours for the asking. God is offering a chance for you to be eternally, wholly, unconditionally loved. All you have to do is ask.*

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves aren't looking so high
From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

*It doesn't matter how big the giant is, God will provide exactly what you need to defeat it. It doesn't matter how hard the storm rages around you, God will hold you in his mighty hand. He will give you what you need to accomplish the task that is standing between you and your heart's deepest desires.
Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
All of this can be yours. Choose life.*


I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

I have made this choice. I am listening to this voice. Will you?

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3