So I up and ran off to Arizona this morning. It was not really a planned thing, but it has been quite an adventure. My cousin and I are hanging out and it's been a blast. We haven't seen each other much since we became all adult like...not that either of us ever acts adult like to begin with but you know there comes a time when people start treating you like an adult you know like giving you a hotel room or offering you free drinks and stuff. So anyway, back to the adventure.
I got up at 5 and did my 2.5 mile walk and then headed out to my car. Leaving around 6:30 I started driving armed with my printed directions from mapquest, and my trusty cell phone...praise God for the cell phone because I apparently can't read directions. I followed the directions carefully, and watched for a certain road. The problem I encountered was with a certain letter S. The directions said to take CA 86 SPUR S So I was looking for a sign that said CA 86. However the road signs are marked CA 86S, which while you are driving looks an awful lot like 865 which is not 86 S , so I drove past it. I realized shortly thereafter that I had most likely passed it and I called my sister, we agreed I definately did pass it, however the next exit to turn around on after that one was 28 miles down the road, so 56 miles later, I ended up back where I needed to be. Crazy I know.
So the cousin and I are going to go do more exploring, he is navigating this time :D and it's been a great day so far. We have driven in circles all over the place and are enjoying shared jokes and laughter. There have been times both of our sides hurt from laughing so hard.
Yay for a good spontaneous visit and family ties that are everlasting!
Saturday, March 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment