Saturday, September 24, 2005

Girls Night!

Wednesday night both my sister and I treated ourselves to a new haircut. We giggled together on the phone as we both explained to each other from literally opposite ends of the country as if we were kids again. It was so awesome. She suggested we make September 21 National Girls Night. I took it a step further and on Thursday went for a pedicure. I'm going to get my nails done after next payday. So yeah. I am trying to find simple things that I can do to 'pamper' myself. I used to do girls night's all the time with a super awesome friend who recently decided Texas would be a better place for her and her family than California :(( *I wonder if she still thinks that now...hmmm...I should call her. But when Theresa left, I had no desire to continue Girls' Night's ...but I think it's time again. Bonding with other women is such an important thing. I'm learning that the hard way. I'm wired differently than most women. My best friends are mostly guys. I don't know what it is that makes me able to open up to guys more than I do to girls or why I can keep those friends through thick and thin. *I do still love you Tricia and Natalie* But there is something about giggling uncontrollably with your girlfriends that lightens even the most dire of situations. There is something in girlfriends that every woman needs. I just wish my bestest ones lived closer. Maybe I'll move to St Louis too...I miss you.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3