Good Puddles....
So yesterday my friend, Lori, came in and played with me...I mean helped me...in my classroom. It was really fun. After school we drove to Disneyland. Everyone thought we were nuts. It was pouring down rain. It rained on us the whole way there, and once we parked the car and walked into the park, it just kinda stopped raining. On our way in there were a few very beautiful puddles. We couldn't resist. We ran up to them jumping in them and drenching the bottom of our jeans. (Or as the adorable little Australian girl we met in the park said "we were sopping"). We had a great time. We rode Splash Mountian...literally walking right onto the ride. The funny part of that was that I got more wet jumping in puddles than I did on the ride. We also rode Winnie the Pooh which was incredibly frightening. I love Tigger and I love Pooh ... but that ride was horrible. Rode on Haunted Mansion, Autopia (not my favorite either), watched some of the 'rainy day parade'. As we were walking out of the restuarant we ate dinner at there was a guy who was trying to convince us to watch the show that was in there at 5:30. I was watching the man talk to us and remembering an old friend who had a similar job at Silver Dollar City. As this guy was talking to us all I could think of was, I wonder if Tony ever sounded as dumb as this guy does right now. Then I thought...umm yeah. But all the while my friend was trying to get us to continue walking away.
Conversation went something like this.
"guy dressed in costume with a funny accent": Did you guys see the show?
Lori: nope
"guy dressed in costume with a funny accent": Ya just finished eating, right?
Lori: yep
"guy dressed in costume with a funny accent": There is another show at 5:30 you should try to make it.
Lori:
"guy dressed in costume with a funny accent": hmm Now that was the sweetest lie I've ever heard.
We walked away laughing so hard. It was hysterical. I wonder if it gives the guy a complex talking to people who are so not interested in what he is up to.
So we ended the night with some very yummy hot chocolate and walking through some fun stores at Downtown Disney. It was a great night. There was also a funny story about a toliet seat cover...Yeah, I am sure Lori will tell ya if you want to know.
Bad puddles...
So this post was originally intended to have ended already. The Disney stuff was it. BUT, this morning when I came to school, I encountered BAD puddles. When I walked into my classroom, I found several desks had been turned into waterfalls. The ceiling tiles sopping with water, were dumping it on the desks, and the desks then proceeded to dump it onto the floor. I had one group of six desks that took nearly a roll of school paper towels to get the water off them, and even them they were still quite damp. You know it's going to be a good day when you tell maintenence that your room is turning into a lake and they answer by bringing you paper towels. I found some old pickle jars and am using them in the "how much water can we collect from the dripping ceiling tiles" experiment. Ironically, we began a unit on weather yesterday, so I found a video that I had stuck in a corner on the water cycle. I thought it was quite fitting. So the kids are learning about rain and condensation, and I am mopping up the floor covered in misplaced rain. Works for me :)
I am not the worst off though. I hear that there are several classrooms that are flooded. The ceiling tiles instead of dripping and dumping streams of water gave way and the rooms are covered in broken ceiling tiles and bad puddles.
Thank you Lord for the good puddles and the bad (but not as bad as it could be) puddles. Thank you for a good job and 2 more rolls of paper towels. Thank you for a creative mind that can come up with solutions to these problems. And thank you, Lord, for videos on days like today.

4 comments:
Were you reading my blog right when I was updating it this morning or what?
Anyhow, I like this idea of good puddles/ bad puddles. It makes me think that there is rain that cleanses, and rain that drowns...
That is a very deep thought... :) and i have no clue. I was bored. Kids were watching a movie :)
I'm out of toliet paper. Maybe we should use paper towels.
I love waterfalls. Perhaps they should give you a rain day...like snow days back East since the rain days are so rare like extreme snow days!!
Well here I am breaking my own rule and posting on BOTH of your blogs, c'est la vie.
Thanks for sharing your DL experience... I, for one, appreciated it (surpised?!) ;) Now, however, I'm VERY curious about the toliet (sic) story...
Sorry about the bad puddles; I hope your school gets the problem resolved soon.
-JDA
Post a Comment