Monday, October 18, 2004

This is why I don't call in sick.

I spent 5 hours Thursday night making sure I had well laid out sub plans and activities for the students to do. I typed 2 pages of instructions for the sub. I mean I left specifics. I even told them to turn on the overhead at the necessary times. Here is what she left me.

Per 5/6 - were very good
Students work on their assignments

Per 7 - the kids were so noisy - they didn't get much done on their packets

Per 1 - noisy - not too bad

Per 2 - noiser than first per. security came in once - were quiet while he was here once he left were noisy again Mr. Stevens came in (security) took out the students who were runing around Dougless, Raymond, Lorina, Eric, Raymond, Marlexis

Per 3 - Very bad. went outside to calm them down 2 vice principals and a counselor came in to talk to them

Let me start out by saying, I only have 2 classes. The kids in periods 5 6 and 7 are the same kids and the kids in per 1 2 and 3 are the same kids.

Although there were clearly marked and labeled seating charts she allowed the students to choose their own seats. Instead of working through the assignments orderly and organized as a class. It seems she just handed them out and sat down. WHY WERE THE KIDS OUT OF CONTROL I WONDER????

I left her misspelled words in. Those aren't typos. Then I would like to figure out what in the WORLD the woman was thinking when she took the students OUTSIDE to calm them down. The VP's found my class running around outside on the track!!!! I don't understand why she lost control of my class. What was the woman thinking? I mean do I only blame the sub? Absolutely not!! I know that my students know better, but I also know that there is a necessary structure and chain of command. I am at a loss for words.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3