Monday, October 25, 2004

Service calls

Hmm I thought of a lot of things I could say tonight, and this stuck out in my head. I spent several hours on the phone tonight....I know if you really know me you aren't surprised. But tonight was with service people with different utility companies. It was actually incredibly exciting. I am truly beginning a new adventure. So I found out that some of my current utilities I won't need anymore *yeah* less bills. I also learned that some of the utility companies have random computers...they couldn't find my new address. But the thing that sticks out in my head tonight was Miguel. Miguel works for Verizon. I was VERY ready to get a different telephone service until today. But today Miguell impressed me. He was incredibly helpful and even was able to answer questions I hadn't asked yet. I was on the phone with him for quite some time because of complications with the cable company, I am switching to DSL. He was able to get things all worked out. The thing that amazed me was that this phone call was one that normally would have made me very angry. He kept putting me on hold, and had tons of problems with the computer. However, because of how courteous and helpful he was though it all...I just enjoyed it. Miguel listened as I talked to my Mom *who is here visiting...so much fun* and listened as I complained about the problems with the cable company. He then offered DSL, and I was leary at first but he convinced me. He waited while I called my landlady to find out the specifics and information on what I would need. He also waited as I called a friend to make sure I wasn't getting a bad deal. He found a way to 'wave' a connection fee that I apparently should have gotten. I was at the point where I would have agreed to almost anything just to make sure I was done and getting moved in. He gave me a new phone number :) Yeah...now you can only call me if I want you to :). So all in all, Miguel was an incredibly helpful guy who works for Verizon. It stuck out in my head. So there it is :)

P.S. 20 somethings...or other local friends ... Wednesday night....my place...moving :) would LOVE some help!!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3