Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Open Communication.

It is amazing how screwed up things get in our lives when we start assuming things about the people around us. We become paranoid and think they are doing, saying, thining things about us that are simply false because of our lack of security in ourselves. I am incredibly bothered by people who do this. (Even me as I catch myself doing it as well at times). If you have something that is bothering you about me, instead of dwelling on it and making it into a HUGE disagreement that could eventually end our friendship. Why don't you just ask. I am in a position where I am pretty sure I have lost a friend. I mean I don't think that we will ever have the same level of friendship ever again, even if the friendship in itself is repaired. This person assumed many things about me that were incredibly false in many ways. It was discouraging to be brought all these false impressions of what I was doing and saying in the way they were expressed. She passed judgement on an idea of me that was not based on truth. When I tried to share with her the truth of the situation, more judgements followed. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Thanks for the verbal stoning. I now know you are truly faultless.

Choose. Do you want to be my friend? The person that I am? Not who you think I am? Or do you want to make up who I am in your head? And when I am not that person, be angry at me for being human?

Don't judge me. I don't judge you.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3