I had a blah day today. They come and I am realizing that they are a part of life. However, today just got worse. I was talking to my sister, Loye on the phone, and chatting with my mom on IM. This is not unusual for me. My mom said "Pray for you Aunt Cathy".
My response "what is going on?"
My aunt and I are unusually close. We have always been. She and I are both science teachers. We have laughed and cried together many a time. Often there have been times when I felt that my mom didn't understand she did. Through the years this bond has always been there even though there have been times in our lives where scheduling and living on 2 different coasts makes it hard to keep in touch. One of the stories I tell often is of my summer at her house where I learned to swim (or not to swim) depends on how you look at it. I was so afraid of the diving board that when I got to the end of it I sat down and hugged the board refusing to let go. She came out there and picked me up and held me like any good auntie would and then proceeded to drop me off the edge of it into the water. I love my aunt. I always have. I am so much like her in so many ways.
Mom replied "She has colon cancer." The long and the short of it is. We don't know how bad. We don't know much. She will be getting a call from the surgeon soon. She will most likely be having surgery in the next two weeks. It seems that it is not in the early stages, but nothing is for certain. She has little hope right now though. She feels like there is little to live for. Her kids are grown up, (well as grown up as 24, 21 and 19 can be...)
Lord, please be a peace in Aunt Cathy's life right now. Comfort her. Show her her worth...far above rubies. Hold her tonight, Lord. Hold her close to you. Bring healing Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment