Ok. So I really would never in my life order that. But it's what I was greeted with this morning anyway. No choice in a matter really. It's kind of like going to a buffet that only has one option. Did you want the fried computer or the fried computer. Well then, I guess I'll take the fried computer.
So here's the scoop. The roof of my classroom is more like a colander than a ceiling. It lets the water in but keeps the leaves and branches out. It really works well as a colander, as a roof however, in the rain, it leaves something to be desired. So, if you have been following my blog you will know from the post Good Puddles and Bad Puddles that having rain come into the classroom is not a new thing. The new part is that there was a new leak that sprung over the weekend, it was right on top of my computer. Arriving at work this morning, I found the back of my computer dripping wet as well as a pretty steady drip still coming down. The power strip and all the cords were nicely resting in a large puddle. It changed my lessons for the day. No computer, No TV.
I hope that my computer is not really fried and that in drying out can be saved. I hope my files aren't lost forever. Those of you who are amazing procrastinators who think that they will back things up later...well, later may not come...and report cards are due next week. So I have a bit of work cut out for me.
Monday, January 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment