Thursday, January 13, 2005

Unmotivated.

That's how I feel right now. I have a ton of work to do, but I can't seem to concentrate on getting it done.... Grrr.

Anyway. Have you ever made a promise, that you weren't sure you could keep? What did you do when you realized you couldn't keep it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a loaded question... it depends upon the seriousness and importance of the promise. I'm very careful not to make promises unless I know I INTEND to keep them. -JDA

simplymama said...

Intending to keep a promise, and keeping one are 2 different things. I don't think anyone ever makes a promise they don't intend to keep. However, promises get broken on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... there lies the difference in our two opinions. You think people make promises while intending to keep them, and I think people make promises (very often, not "always") for personal gain (ergo, not intending to keep them). Cynical? Yes. But also reality. (I can include my list of caveats later if you would like. ;) )

simplymama said...

I find that in honest making a promise for personal gain, or not intending to keep it as you say, is actually translated into a huge personal loss. For when you can't trust yourself. What do you truly have left?

Keyframegirl said...

Well you tell the person you can't keep it, and the reasons why. And if the reasons suck and you are just trying to wimp out then you should keep the promise anyway, even if you don't want to.

simplymama said...

And if the reasons don't suck. Will the friend still love me anyway :)

Swidget 1.0 3