Monday, January 03, 2005

Someone Else's Star

Tonight, I feel so alone...

I am a dreamer, and I love to share my dreams. Growing up, I always wanted to move to Branson, Missouri and work at Silver Dollar City. I dreamed of the day I would be old enough to live that dream. I shared with my family my dreams and the summer I turned 15...my older sister packed up and moved to Branson, Missouri. She got a job at Silver Dollar City. I nearly died inside as she was able to live out my dreams. They weren't hers. I didn't want to share. The next summer, mom and I went and lived with her..and I too was able to live out that dream. But it wasn't the same.

I grew up quite the tomboy. I only played with the dolls that were dressed up in space suits. I was going to be an astronaut. However, through this tomboy childhood, I grew into a woman who longs to be a mother and a wife. I watch my sisters again, both mothers before they wanted to be, and I wish that for once one of my dreams could be mine first. They didn't want to have kids...not when they did. I am ready to raise a family. I am ready to be a mom...but I can't...not now...I can't live this dream without a man by my side who loves me. I rushed into this the first time to escape from a childhood of broken promises and pain. My marriage as a result was also full of broken promises and pain. Will these dreams ever come true?

Can I have a dream that is mine that I can live...without having to share it?
I can answer that question. Yes, and I am living proof. I went to college. I graduated. I have a career job. I make a difference. I love what I do. I am blessed.

Why do we always want what we can't have?


A friend of mine used to (or may still) sing this song in the show he did (does) with his family.

Someone Else's Star

Alone again tonight
Without someone to love
The stars are shining bright
So one more wish goes up
Oh I wish I may
And I wish with all my might
Find the love I'm dreaming of
And missing in my life

You'd think that I could find
A true love of my own
It happens all the time
To people that I know
Their wishes all come true
So I've got to believe
There's still someone out there who
Is meant for only me

I guess I must be wishin
On someone else's star
It seems like someone else
Keeps gettin' what I'm wishin for
Why can't I be as lucky as those other people are
I guess I must be wishin
On someone else's star

I sit here in the dark
And stare up at the sky
But I can't give my heart
One good reason why
Everywhere I look
It's lovers that I see
Seems like everyone's in love
With everyone but me

Why can't I be as lucky
As those other people are
Oh I guess I must be wishin
On someone else's star

Am I wishing on the wrong star?

1 comment:

timoth said...

Well... I really don't know what to say, but I certainly applaud your honesty.

Swidget 1.0 3