Wednesday, January 05, 2005

This may sound familiar...

So when I arrived home from work last night, cold and wet because it was raining, I found a note on my door from the power company....Yeah this post is going to sound a lot like Never a Dull Moment. So I walked inside and confirmed that the note tacked to my door saying that my service had been disconnected truly wasn't a joke. And now, I really am not laughing. I stayed at school later than normal getting things taken care of last night. I went home pretty tired and stressed out from the day and the workload that keeps piling up on me. I was looking forward to curling up on my couch (read Lovesac...But I was afraid of the connotations that would give) with a cup of hot chocolate nearby and a good book. I was planning that for a few hours and then had brought home a stack of work to begin on. However, those plans were immediately shattered when I walked into my cold, dark apartment. The fact that it was raining meant it was incredibly dark for 4 pm. I quickly arranged myself so that everything I may need would be within reach of my corded phone and I called the wonderful power company known as Southern California Edison. I was on the phone, on hold on and off from 4 pm until 5:30 pm. They apologized for the inconvenience they may have caused me, and assured me that my power would be restored within the hour. The were so apologetic. I lit all the candles in my house and it was truly beautiful. It would have been incredibly romantic...If only :) *sigh* At six when my power had still not been restored, I called back. I asked to speak to a supervisor, 35 minutes later I was still on hold. I was put on a supervisor call back list and was told that I would hear from someone in the next 2 -3 hours. Shortly after 6:30, the wonderful power company true to their promise restored my power.

What I am wondering now, is what are they planning on doing to a) compensate me for the 2 days they took my power away for no reason, and b) avoid this same thing occurring again. I mean I have serious doubts that this is the last time something like this will happen.

So to cheer me up. I went to Disneyland with a friend. We got there about 30 minutes before they closed...And just walked around Downtown Disney instead. Awesome sale at Illuminations btw :). I stocked up on candles for the next time the power company decides to become an incompetent thorn in my side.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm getting better Kaspy but like you still give a wee bit too many hints to a would be...you know ...what we discussed.


Kryptic

Swidget 1.0 3