If you talk to my Mom, and she knows you know me...or even thinks you know me...or even thinks you MAY want to know me, she will tell you plenty about me. She likes telling the, err...ummm... stories I don't normally tell. You know, the ones where my hair color is apparent EVEN if you have NEVER seen me. You just know...you have NO doubt from hearing these stories...that I am a blonde.
Now, never in my life have I ever not admitted to being a blonde. Both my hair color and my 'silly' things that I have done are indicators of this. I am at times a living blonde joke. But I am ok with that. As a kid I could tell a blonde joke with the best of them, and knew all the best! I would always end telling my jokes with
"What's brown, black and blue and lying in a ditch?"
"A brunette who told tooo many blonde jokes!"
So, you will have to 'meet' or 'talk to' my mom to find out about some of those 'brilliant blonde' moments, but this one, this one I'll share. MAINLY, because I have nothing better to do and I wish I were in my car driving to work right now, but I'm not, because well, because I am a blonde.
So I have this yellow rug. I wash it and normally hang it out on my balcony to dry. Anyone currently living in Southern California, or even anyone who watches TV, or reads news can realize why it didn't happen that way this time. It's been raining buckets out here, pretty much nonstop. So I decided to toss the "please don't dry me" rug into the dryer on the air dry cycle when I washed it yesterday.
It worked just fine and the rug is now back where it belongs making my living room a more cheerful, comfy place. Then I decided to continue doing laundry. I put the clothes in the dryer, set the timer and when it was done, the clothes were still REALLY wet. So, I did it again. Set the timer, came back later, STILL WET.
So...ok here is where anyone else would have figured this out....I did it again, thinking I thought they FIXED my dryer. You can guess what I found when I came back, my jeans were still wet. So last night before I went to bed, I set that timer one more time. And this morning, when I went to get my jeans, they STILL WEREN'T DRY. But, I did realize finally that the dryer hadn't been trying to dry them. Soo, attempt number who knows exactly how many, the dryer is finally 'drying' my clothes, and I am waiting because it's Friday and I want to wear jeans dang it.
Friday, February 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yep!! Got my jeans. Yay for working dryers and moments of sanity amidst blonde moments. I do need help, when are you two coming out here to help me ;)
Post a Comment