What is real? I mean to truly answer your question we have to understand the truth of realness.
I think the true issue is can something truly be real to someone and not real to another? You want to know if God can be real to me and not to you...and if that kind of real is true. You can see in me and hear in me that what I have has made a difference in my life. You know this, but you attribute it to me. I am just a good person. I am just an amazing decision maker. But I don't make these decisions you see. I have decided to follow Jesus. He is guiding me. He is leading me.
Does it matter if it's real? Certainly. Do I know He is real? Yes!
Will it change my life if it's not? It has changed my life because it is.
I have the answers you are looking for. I don't have the capacity to give the answers to you though. I don't have the words that will bring you to understanding. I don't have the voice for you to hear. All I have is me. I am living proof. I am walking next to the one who has all the answers. As long as you are turning to me with the questions though, you will not find the answers. I do not have the answers you are looking for. Here is what I have found as I have turned to others asking.
I cannot prove to you that God exists, but I am 100% sure that God is real and that God is a part of my life because I talked to him this morning.
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I never asked for proof. I don't even know if the existence of god can even be proven. What is missing is evidence, which is a different kind of thing. I'd say proof is used for abstract concepts, like geometrical theorems, and not for actual objects. You can't "prove" gravitation, but there is evidence for it.
I have absolutely no objection to your statement that you spoke with god this morning. But, that tells me more about you than it does about god. I've spoken to my late grandmother several times, but she was not there. What I was speaking to was my memory, my concept of who she was, and thinking what she might have said in reply. And in that sense, my thinking about Bubbie keeps her in my life, even though she no longer exists in that way.
God has changed your life to be sure, and I believe you when you say it's for the better. But still, that is not evidence that there is anything *outside of you* that exists. I would say that it is your belief, your attitude, that has made such a difference in your life, but that is wholly within yourself. And in the sense that god can be an "emotion", felt within you, like joy, love, amazement -- all of which have a profound effect on our attitudes and behavior -- I am willing to accept that god exists. But an emotion, by itself, does not have any effect on the outside world. It cannot part seas, or bring forth pillars of fire from the sky, or turn water into blood or raise the dead. It's this god, the external god, whose existence I doubt.
And I'll look through those posted links, but it's not other people's words I'm interested in, it's yours. I really want to hear what *you* believe, what *you* have to say.
I'll keep reading.
I have a sore throat. It hurts. OUCH!!!
I also have an interview tomorrow. I have to throw together a reel. BLAH. I don't even have copies of most the stuff I've worked on. I guess it will be Top Model heavy. :(
Post a Comment