Sunday, February 20, 2005

For You

Sittin' in the rain
Water on your brain
Got a hole in your boat
Trying to stay afloat
Has got you down
I've got a wind in my sail
Rubber boots and a pail
I'll throw you a line
Rest assured that I
Won't ever let you drown

CHORUS
'Cause when you're up against the wall
You know I'll be here for you, for you
When you rise and when you fall
I'll always be here for you, for you

When the plans you make
Fall through and take you
For a loop
Or some bird has flown the coop
And left you stranded
Just lean on me
And together you see
We'll carry the load
Even if we don't
Quite understand it


I love that song. I used to sing it with an elementary school friend. We even did a karaoke number to it.

My sister and I just sang it together, on the phone. Yes, it really is the middle of the night. She is driving, on her way to say 'Goodbye' to her husband's Great-Grandfather. He's dying. She is hurting, well we both are. Yesterday was not the best day for 'news' in our family.

I got a letter from the hospital, it says that I have to go in for some more tests, been having some problems, went in for tests. They said I'd only hear if more tests were needed...if something were wrong. Well, something is not right enough, for there to be the need.

2 comments:

Keyframegirl said...

I ________ Alicia.
Alicia is ______.
If I was in a room alone with Alicia, I would like you to visit more often.
I think Alicia should be more relaxed.
Alicia needs a raise.
Someday, Alicia will president of something.
Alicia reminds me of my commitment to Christ.
Without Alicia, I'd be sad.
Alicia can be overly bubbly sometimes.
Worst thing about Alicia is if you get her laughing too much she will blow soda all of you, out her nose.
Best thing about Alicia is her passion for Christ.
I am friends with Alicia.
Alicia ROX.

Keyframegirl said...

Opps I forgot ...

I love Alicia.

Alicia is wonderful.

Swidget 1.0 3