Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Perfect Picture.

Last night I spent several hours scrapbooking. I love to work on my scrapbooks. I love taking memories and pictures and tossing in some creativity and stickers and creating works of art. I love cropping pictures to bring out the beauty of what others see as a bad picture. I love taking 'trash' and making it 'treasure'.

My friend last night laughed at me because I can truly just look at a page for hours. I see what I have done and I move things around. One page was 'done' right away but I took the pieces and continued to move them around until they were just right. It needed to be perfect. Many of the pictures I 'played' with last night brought back some rough memories.

The majority of my pictures are from our wedding, and well that was just really hard. Remembering the feelings and the experiences of that day. It just hurts now.

There are quite a few from our trip to San Francisco. It was a fun weekend. The pictures, the smiling me, well it just hurt a little knowing that she was me and I know now what she didn't want to know then.

There were pictures of my nieces, and my dad and me, my sisters too.

There were smiling faces and, well, not so smiling ones.

But the point, of all this rambling is the perfect picture, and that is the one I am going to describe. In the picture there is a small yellow house, it has white trim. The house is nestled in among some bright beautiful green trees. In the background you can see mountains above, and the valley below. You catch a glimpse of a backyard, and in the backyard there is a swingset. It looks well loved, not shiny or pristine, but also not rusty and forgotten. You can also see a patio table and a grill, also well worn. The yard is well groomed, but you can see some weeds peeking up here and there in the flower bed that is along the side of the house.

So there it is...the perfect picture, there is only one problem.

I don't have it yet :)

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3