Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Trivial things.

Do you know how fun it is to know things about your friends? I mean really know things.

If you go with me to SkyThai, you will know I like Cashew Chicken...know how you will know? The girl, she will say "Cashew Chicken...ready in 5 minutes, when I walk in the door." I am at times one of the biggest creatures of habit. She even noticed when I got my hair cut, I mean, yikes, I must go in there too much. So, if this girl can know me by my order, how do you know me? You know me by my choices, you know me by the things I say, some of you only know me by what I type on here.

The trivial, everyday things that we do are noticed. For me, this is more of a reality that some people understand. My students notice things about me, and they remember them. If I walk into class holding a twix bar, there are times that the kids will then bring me more. If I have one I must like them.

We know many of these trivial things about close friends, just because we are with them. I know some of the things that my friends like and enjoy.

I am enamored by knowing these trivial favorites about other people, because I don't know them about me as much but I am learning. I hope I can keep learning.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 3